Personal thing, but the normalisation of casual swearing amongst otherwise-professional people in public is really starting to bother me. I know you want to bring “yourself”, but really, can it not be held back in a professional context or with a potential family audience? 🤔
– Uses the official Pinboard API (there’s a settings screen for your API key)
– Obeys the API’s rate limits
– Allows you to choose an author for synced pins
– Syncs updated pins from Pinboard (I think!) but does not remove deleted pins
Weekend/holiday hacking: I’ve further developed my Pinboard Sync WordPress plugin. Anyone interested in having this in the WP repo? It:
– Copies Pinboard pins to a WordPress post type
– Includes tags in a custom taxonomy
– Will run through WP Cron and/or a WP-CLI command
Beautiful afternoon at Lydiard Park. Check out the girl with her pedals!!! 👍
I can’t remember who sent me this a while back, but the Eurovision Tech/AV team’s blog is full of all the insane detail of what they do to make the Eurovision party happen. 39 days to go. Geek out at: https://m-m-pr.com/index.php/eurovision-diary-2019
Despite being a super tech geek, I think this is the first trip I’ve made where I trust the tech enough to be pretty much working on digital tickets and cashless. It’s weird. My phone now does EVERYTHING!
Listening to this on the topic of modern work. It’s brilliant.
“What’s my morning ritual? Unstapling myself from my mattress as I shove an iPad into a small human’s face”
Loads of people complaining about April Fools day this year. I actually LIKE April Fools Day. I like spotting them. I like being fooled by them…a bit. I LOVE the creativity. And given the state of the world, I think we need a lot more playfulness and fun.